Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Better Late Than Never

I learned a lot from blogging all semester.
I learned that there are people out there who really read blogs and care about what people have to say. The best feeling was to have someone that I didn’t know, out of the blue, write a comment on my blog, thanking me for posting about something that I felt was so arbitrary. I must admit that when we first began this project I was not so enthusiastic. The prospect of having to write in a blog twice a week seemed like torture. But I enjoyed writing about international advertising, and on some weeks, what I thought was international advertising. It made me more aware of the industry and it made me become an active member of the blogging world. Greatest moment number two: when greg verdino mentioned me and the class on his blog. Professor gregson hyped him up so much in class, it just was so exciting to see that he even noticed us. After a few weeks I started to become more interested in my colleges blogs. Checking up on them, even adding one to my google reader (he’s my good friend and knew I had done that =] ). And then I began to become more enthusiastic about promoting my blog. I added a counter and started to comment on other blogs, hoping that those writers would return the favor. But after a few weeks of seldom action I stopped looking forward to blogging, and being adventurous, hunting down other peoples blogs. I did find some that will be forever in my Google Reader, and I did learn some neat tricks on the way.

I'm not too sure if I'll keep blogging.

1 comment:

Kim Gregson said...

not exactly what i was expecting for a last post - what you have is good start but I wanted more about the themes and trends you saw in your content

why don't ya try again - let me know when it's done and I"ll regrade - right now the grade would be a 25/50